: Fundación Valenciaport is an Applied Research, Innovation & Training centre providing services to the port and logistics cluster. This initiative of the Port Authority of Valencia has enjoyed the collaboration of notable businesses, universities and institutions from the port community. Since its establishment, it has developed projects in more than 60 countries, primarily Mediterranean nations, as well as from the rest of Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Among its many activities, the following stand out:
- Fostering innovation, by promoting the design, implementation and execution of R&D&I projects in the port logistics sector, aimed at improving the competitiveness of companies and institutions in the sector.
- Knowledge management initiatives, offering specialized, high-value-added training for the continuous improvement of the human capital of the port logistics community.
- Policy of active cooperation with other port communities around the world, by means of technical assistance initiatives and support for Spanish logistics operators in their internationalization processes. Raising the international profile of the Port of Valencia’s know-how.
- Market intelligence service for developing indexes, databases and reports of strategic interest for the sector.
- Structuring the port logistics community, fostering cooperation within the sector, while reaching out to and engaging in dialogue with the general public, all within the framework of a collective social responsibility strategy.